Thursday, March 4, 2010

3/4/10 Complete Fail

Tonight I decided to attempt making hamentaschen out of ingredients I already had. However, I forgot to get butter for the cookie part. I tried substituting olive oil, and utter fail. I used organic vanilla bean cookie mix which I already had on hand, some left over raspberry jam, and fresh strawberries. When I say utter fail I mean, my boyfriend who has absolutely no baking experience, managed to make better looking hamentaschen than I. Not that that mattered because they all blended together in the pan to make one big cookie and jam fruit tart. I learned one very important thing from this as well: do not substitute olive oil into vanilla cookie dough, the olive oil tase is very strong. I’ve substituted olive oil into chocolate cake recipes before and they’ve come out fine. Vanilla on the other hand …

Here are some pictures of our cookie making activity and what the end result looks like.

My adorable boyfriend making hamentaschen. A close up down below.


The end result, I wish I had taken a picture of the cookies before I baked them. The messy blob like corners are most likely mine, and the ones that actually resemble triangles are most likely his.

No comments:

Post a Comment