Monday, May 3, 2010

3/15/10 Big Booty Bread

3/15/10
This day marked the first food exploration of spring break. We met up with a high school friend of mine who requested cupcakes. I wanted to search for cupcakes outside of those few well-known, over-rated cupcake stores in NYC. I came upon a blog that recommended the red-velvet cupcakes from Big Booty Bread.

The cake part itself was just okay, slightly dry, but the cream cheese frosting was divine. I’m not usually a fan of frosting, I find it usually too sweet, but this frosting was just right. My friend and I agreed that the perfect red-velvet combination would be the frosting from Big Booty Bread and the cake from Bake My Cake. I even got a cup full of frosting to go! =D


We also had the guava booty bread at Big Booty Bread, had to try their booty bread which the bakery was named for. It was soft, pillow-y and sweet and reminded me of sweet Chinese buns.

No comments:

Post a Comment